Mandatory Training Sessions on the basics of the Department’s Telework Program will help to ensure that you and your supervisor have an understanding of its requirements.
Additional training is currently under construction by the Office of Personnel Management and will be available to you shortly, so please check back.
• Ensure that the same performance standards, derived from a modern, effective, credible, and validated performance system, are used to evaluate both teleworkers and nonteleworkers;
• Establish guidelines to minimize adverse impact on nonteleworkers before employees begin to work at alternate work sites.
Benefits of Telework to our Mission
• Increase employee performance, efficiency, morale, and job satisfaction;
• Attract skilled workers with diversity from a wider geographic area; support EO 13548 and EO 13518;
• Retain and value employees;
• Attract talent, be regarded as “the best place to work” in the Federal government to compete in the 21st Century;
• Lower absentee rates and attrition;
• Expand “your reach” to your customers by extending the work day;
• Reduce the cost of office space and green house emissions and support Executive Order 13514;
• Improve standards of living and work/life balance to employees.
Benefits of Telework for Employees
• Be more productive without the interruptions of an office setting;
• Work from an alternative location;
• Gain increased flexibility in managing your time and schedule;
• Reduce the cost of daily commutes;
• Stay productive in times of poor weather, mass transit delays, and natural disasters;
• Enjoy a more rewarding and balanced work life, family life, and personal life.
Share your “Success Stories”