TALX is changing the look of The Work Number Web site. On February 28, 2011, the redesigned Web pages will provide you with new feature demos, tutorials and FAQs to answer your most common questions about The Work Number.
The changes are to the look of the Web site for ease of use and navigation.There will not be any modifications to the way you log in to the site.The Web page and the login box will look a little different and contain a little more information. Check out The Work Number’s new look on
February 28, 2011; visit on line at www.theworknumber.com/.
The Work Number, in cooperation with the Department, provides a secure and convenient way to authorize third-party verifiers (like lenders, landlords, social service agencies, and prospective employers) to verify your employment and/or income.
Benefits of this Service:
• Easier loan approvals
• Improved Confidentiality – Your HR department is no longer filling out your requests for employment or income verification.
• Much Faster – Many employers can take a week or more to fill out a request for verification of employment or income. The Work Number can reduce this to minutes.
• Improved Security – You are in control of authorizing the verification of your own data.
• Improved Accuracy – The Work Number does not change the data that your employer provides, and it eliminates the chance of the human error.
Visit on line at www.theworknumber.com and enter the Commerce Company Code of 10342, your social security number and a personal identification number (PIN*).
For additional information, check the FAQ at: http://www.theworknumber.com/FAQ/Employees/
Customer Services: The Work Number staff has a dedicated client service center to assist employees and verifiers. Their customer service team can be reached 5 days a week, 7am-8pm CST at 1-800-996-7566 (Voice) or 1-800-424-0253 (TTY)
* Your PIN is the four digit number denoting the month and day of your birth. For example, if your birth month and day are January 15, your PIN is 0115.