U.S. Department of Commerce - Office of the Secretary U.S. Department of commerce seal

Commerce Employees banner

Home > Commerce Employees > Leave

Annual Leave: Repaying Advanced Leave

Printable View

If you have been granted an advance of leave and you separate, you must repay the advance by subsequent leave accruals, a cash payment (arranged with and agreed upon by the agency), or a deduction from any pay due. If you die, retire for disability, resign or separate because of disability which is the basis of the separation as determined by his agency, and supported by acceptable medical evidence, or enter active military duty with a right of restoration, you do not have to repay the advance.

A - Z Library for Commerce Employees