Careers at Commerce
- Numerous career opportunities possible in a wide range of fields such as international trade promotion, meteorology, economics, computer science, oceanography, accounting, law, engineering, statistics, physical and life science, procurement, and personal administration.
- Student loan repayment up to a total of $60,000 with payments not to exceed $10,000 in a calendar year.
- Pay incentives such as recruitment bonuses and relocation bonuses which offer a one-time lump-sum payment of up to 25% of basic pay to employees who are newly appointed and/or must relocate.
- Flexible work options that include part-time work, job sharing, telecommuting, or an Alternative Work Schedule (AWS) where you get one day off every two weeks.
- Benefits such as sick leave, annual leave, health insurance, life insurance, subsidized transportation and retirement investments through the Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401K).
- Ten paid holidays per year.
- Exposure to the latest research and advancements in technology.
- Excitement of living in Washington, D.C. and major international cities.
- The opportunity to work with experts and rising stars in the fields represented at the Department of Commerce.